Thursday, April 12, 2012

Event Report (or What I Did To Get People To Come To The Thing)

Here is a report on what I did to invite people to our event. (By the way, congrats everyone on a successful evening!)

I invited a total of five people, though one was my mom.



1.I knew my friend Tyler would be interested in our topics so I sent him a personalized and detailed message on facebook inviting him. He caught about 10 minutes of it at the end, and said that he was glad I invited him and he wished he had seen more.

2. I have a friend named Austin who I've been telling about the class throughout the semester. He's interested in education reform so I knew he'd have some interest. I personally invited him and gave him one of the small fliers. He didn't end up catching it, but he asked me about it later.

3. I ran into my friend Michaelann in the library. She's a really bright girl, so I thought she'd have good thoughts about our presentations. Stephen Lottermoser was with me and reminded me that I should invite her and had a big flier, so I gave that to her and invited both Michaelann and the girl who was studying with her. They didn't catch it as far as I know.

4. I knew my mother would be interested in seeing at least me present. Even though she doesn't count as one of the people I was supposed to invite I think she's worth mentioning because she did try to watch via webcast. But she couldn't get anything but a black rectangle where the video feed was supposed to play on the digiciv website. My father and brother fiddled with it too but couldn't get it working. Maybe our computer software is too old. (A recording of the event would be awesome because then they could still see it.)


No comments:

Post a Comment